Little Man in minneapolis
Raised in Wisconsin and now working in Minnesota, I work as a video game QA tester by day and make art and my own games by night. I live and breath the video game world from AAA developed games to the smallest indie titles across the internet.
My big influences in my art are the pseudoscience alchemy and dreams which can be seen throughout my work. I want to be able to create the media and representation I wished I had as a kid that showed that people like me do exist and can be successful in being true to who they are. I don't want to make work just about the sadness and societal disparity of being a marginalized person in the world, but about the joy of discovery and community that shared experiences can give.
I love drawing with pixels and ultimately prefer it for my illustration style. I love the look and feel of GameBoy and GameBoy Color games and try to emulate their minimal but full looking design throughout my work.
Minneapolis College of Art and Design, Minneapolis, MN
BFA: Web and Multimedia Environments, Graduated May 2017
Activision, QA Tester, Minneapolis, MN 2017 - current
GLITCH, Attendant, Minneapolis, MN, 2016- 2017
Social Wendy Group, Graphic Designer, Minneapolis MN, 2016-2017
Joann Fabrics, General Retail Worker, Edina MN, 2015
Magical Me, MCAD gallery 148, 2015
Listen Now!, MCAD library 2016
MCAD Merit Scholarship, 2016
MCAD Merit Scholarship, 2013
MCAD Van Derlip Award, 2017
- Proficient in multiple game development engines including Unity, RPGMaker, and Tyranobuilder.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Photoshop, Aftereffects, Premiere, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Proficient with the JIRA software.
- Proficient in writing and reporting bugs in video game software, with experience in developer tools in Playstation and Xbox consoles.
- Proficient in digital animation and storyboarding.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Basic knowledge of Maya and 3d Modeling